Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe
Resort spas: With dozens of outstanding desert spas, Phoenix has massaged and wrapped its way to the top of the relaxation destinations list.
Shops and restaurants: Retail centers Old Town Scottsdale and Fashion Square are another way to retreat and relax in the Valley of the Sun, as are a melting pot of fine and funky dining establishments.
The Heard Museum: This small but world-renowned museum elegantly celebrates Native American people, culture, art, and history.
The great outdoors: Sure there's urban sprawl, but Phoenix also has cool and accessible places to get away from it all, like the Desert Botanical Garden, Papago Park, Tempe Town Lake, and mountain and desert preserves.
Golf: All year long links lovers can take their pick of top-rated public and private courses—many with incredibly spectacular views.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 -- Arizona: Weekends at Hillside Tempe Hotel, Reg. $169 Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
- $89 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 60% Off The Westin Phoenix Downtown
- $106-$114 -- Phoenix 4-Star Resort, 30% Off — $106-$114 Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $105 & up -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 40% — $105 The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $79-$100 -- Scottsdale: Old Town Boutique Hotel at 50% Off — $79-$100 Hotel Indigo Scottsdale