Tubing in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Valley may not be known for its wealth of water, but locals manage to make the most of what there is. A popular summer stop is the northeast side of the Salt River, where sun worshippers can rent an inner tube and float down the river for an afternoon. Tubing season runs from May to September. Several Valley outfitters rent tubes. Make sure you bring lots of sunscreen, a hat, water—and a rope for attaching your cooler to a tube.
Salt River Recreation. This outfitter offers shuttle-bus service to and from your starting point and rents tubes for $17 (cash only) for the day. It's open during summer months only. Usery Pass and Power Rd., Mesa, AZ, 85256. 480/984–3305. www.saltrivertubing.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's