The Tepees Review
Witness the effects of time on these cone-shaped rock formations colored by iron, manganese, and other minerals.
- Address: 8 miles south of Painted Desert Visitor Center on the main park road, Petrified Forest National Park, AZ, 86028
- Location: Petrified Forest National Park
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Flagstaff Savings! Book at Courtyard Flagstaff Fr $186+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Flagstaff for Less: Hotels Fr $70+/Nt Travelocity
- $20.49 & up : Compact rentals in Flagstaff Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Flagstaff this May Fr $74+/Nt — $74 Expedia
- $21.49 & up : Full Size rentals in Flagstaff — $22 Hotwire
Greetings travel gurus!
My beau and I are venturing to Colorado (Estes, specifically) in August for a wedding...
From there, planning to travel down Colorado, dip into New Mexico, drive across Arizona Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more