- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In the far northwestern corner of Arizona, the fast-growing communities of Lake Havasu and Laughlin/Bullhead City are good bases for outdoor recreation and gaming, respectively. Kingman, the Mohave County seat and a historic shipping center, is an ideal launch pad for exploring historic and quirky Route 66.
The Colorado River flows out of the Grand Canyon to the north and then sweeps directly south, serving as the western border of the state of Arizona and supplying the lifeblood to the otherwise desolate desert region. Created from dams on the mighty Colorado River, Lakes Mead, Mohave, and Havasu provide a common link in the tristate area by offering some of the best water recreation around.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe