Northwest Arizona and Southeast Nevada Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Arizona & the Grand Canyon 2013
Northwestern Arizona and southeastern Nevada comprise a unique blend of deserts, mountains, and 1,000 miles of shoreline. Despite the superficial aridity of much of the landscape, the region bubbles with an abundance of springs and artesian wells. Without these water sources seeping from the rocks and sand, this wide-open region would never have developed into the major crossroads it is today.
Mid-priced chain accommodations abound in Kingman and Lake Havasu, and to a lesser extent Bullhead City—though the casino resorts across the river...read more
Dining in this remote corner of the state is quite casual, though also affordable. You're more likely to find a 1950s-inspired diner, a taqueria, or a family-owned...read more
Things To Do in Northwest Arizona and Southeast Nevada
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $82.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Kingman Hotwire
- Comfort Inn in May: $105 & Up Expedia
- $30.00 & up : Full Size rentals in Kingman Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Kingman Fr $127+/Nt — $127 Expedia
- $23.75 & up : Compact rentals in Kingman — $24 Hotwire
Get wet: Boating, fishing, and water adventure top the list of favorite activities on the cool Colorado River and the adjoining lakes of Havasu... Read more
In 1938 the 2,400 miles of roadway connecting Chicago and Los Angeles was declared "continuously paved." U.S. Route 66 had been transformed from... Read more
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes ... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more