- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canyon de Chelly Tours. Book a private jeep tour into Canyon de Chelly or choose from group tours, overnight camping in the canyon, late-afternoon and evening tours, and bus tours along South Rim Drive. Entertainment such as storytellers, music, and Navajo legends can be arranged with advance reservation. Rates begin at $82 per person for three-hour tours, or $55 per hour per vehicle if you use your own SUV. (There's roughly a 10% discount if you pay in cash.) Chinle, AZ, 86503. 928/674–5433. www.canyondechellytours.com.
Thunderbird Lodge Canyon Tours. Treks in six-wheel-drive vehicles are available from late spring to late fall. Half-day tours cost about $45; all-day tours, which include lunch, are around $85. Indian Hwy. 7, Chinle, AZ, 86503. 928/674–5841 or 800/679–2473. www.tbirdlodge.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe