- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Totsonii Ranch. Thirteen miles from the visitor center at the end of the paved portion of South Rim Drive (follow the signs from there), this ranch offers several types of horseback tours into different parts of Canyon de Chelly: Canyon Rim (two hours), Three Turkey Ruins (four hours), Spider Rock (four hours), White House Ruins (six hours), Canyon de Chelly overview (eight hours), and one- and two-night treks. Some of these trips are geared only toward skilled adult riders, such as the Canyon Rim trips, which encounter steep terrain and offer amazing views. Spider Rock is a great choice for virtually any skill level, and can be done in a half day—the ride leads right to the base of this 800-foot iconic pillar. Per person rates range from $63 to $250 for day trips, and $350 (one night) to $515 (two nights) for overnight adventures. South Rim Dr., Chinle, AZ, 86503. 928/551–0109. www.totsoniiranch.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's