- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Monument Valley Tours. Some of the jeep tours on offer include entertainment and outdoor barbecues, and custom hikes into the valley are available as well. The all-day, 60-mile Monument Valley and Mystery Valley tour, which includes lunch, is especially popular. 435/727–3313. www.monumentvalleytours.net.
Sacred Monument Tours. Hiking, jeep, photography, and horseback-riding tours go into Monument Valley. Monument Valley, UT, 84536. 435/727–3218 or 435/459–2501. www.monumentvalley.net.
Simpson's Trailhandler Tours. This operator offers four-wheel-drive jeep trips, photography and hiking tours, and the chance to stay overnight in a traditional Navajo hogan. Monument Valley, UT, 84536. 435/727–3362 or 888/723–6236. www.trailhandlertours.com.
Black's Monument Valley Tours. A wide variety of tour options are available with this respected tour operator, from jeep and horseback adventures to hiking. You can also book an overnight stay in a Navajo hogan. Monument Valley, UT, 84536. 928/429–1959. www.blacksmonumentvalleytours.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe