- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The scenic overlook for the Goosenecks is reached by turning west from U.S. 163 onto UT 261, 4 miles north of the tiny community of Mexican Hat, then proceeding on UT 261 for 1 mile to a directional sign at the road's junction with UT 316. Turn left onto UT 316 and proceed 4 miles to the vista-point parking lot. To take in spectacular scenery, drive northeast on U.S. 163 Kayenta through Monument Valley all the way past Mexican Hat to Bluff, then turn south on U.S. 191 back into Arizona, and then turn west onto U.S. 160 back to Kayenta; the 140-mile loop takes three hours without stops, but allow a full day for breaks and lunch in Bluff.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's