- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Marina Store at Wahweap Marina. Anglers delight in the world-class bass fishing on Lake Powell. You'll hear over and over how the big fish are "biting in the canyons," so you'll need a small vessel if you plan on fishing for the big one. Landing a 20-pound striper isn't unusual (the locals' secret is to use anchovies for bait). Fishing licenses for both Arizona and Utah are available at the Marina Store at Wahweap Marina. 100 Lake Shore Dr., Wahweap, AZ, 86040. 888/896–3829. www.lakepowell.com/executive-marina.aspx.
Stix Bait & Tackle. Come here for supplies and fishing guide recommendations. 5 S. Lake Powell Blvd., Page, AZ, 86040. 928/645–2891.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe