- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Glen Canyon Hike. This hike, a short walk from the parking lot down a flight of uneven rock steps, takes you to a viewpoint on the canyon rim high above the Colorado River, and provides fantastic views of the Colorado as it flows through Glen Canyon. To reach the parking lot, turn west on Scenic View Drive, 1.5 miles south of Carl Hayden Visitor Center. Off U.S. 89, Page, AZ, 86040.
Horse Shoe Bend Trail. The views along this hike are well worth the steep up-and-down paths and the bit of deep sand to maneuver. The trail leads up to a bird's-eye view of Glen Canyon and the Colorado River downstream from Glen Canyon Dam. There are some sheer drop-offs here, so watch children. To reach the trail, drive 4 miles south of Page on U.S. 89 and turn west (right) onto a blacktop road just south of mile marker 545. It's a 0.75-mile hike from the parking area to the top of the canyon, and the entire hike can easily be done in an hour round-trip. Off U.S. 89, Page, AZ, 86040. www.lakepowell.com/media/225945/HorseshoeBendTrailGuide.pdf.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's