Getting Here and Around in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
Getting Here and Around
Just off the highway at the north end of the bridge is the Carl Hayden Visitor Center, where you can learn about the controversial creation of Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell and enjoy panoramic views of both. To enter the visitor center you must go through a metal detector. Absolutely no bags or food are allowed inside, but cameras and clear water bottles are welcome.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's