Northeast Arizona Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Northeast Arizona
Drive the rim roads at Canyon de Chelly: Visit one of the most spectacular natural wonders in the Southwest—it rivals the Grand Canyon for beauty, albeit on a much smaller scale. It's a must for photography buffs.
Go boating at Glen Canyon: Get to know this stunning, mammoth reservoir by taking a boat out on Lake Powell amid the towering cliffs.
Explore Hubbell Trading Post: Take the self-guided tour to experience the relationship between the traders and the Navajo.
Shop for handmade crafts on the Hopi Mesas: Pick up crafts by some of Arizona's leading Hopi artisans, who sustain their culture through continuous occupation of the ancient villages on these mesas.
Take a jeep tour through Monument Valley: On an excursion through this 92,000-acre area, see firsthand the landscape depicted in such iconic Western films as Stagecoach and The Searchers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe