- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hiking and Camping
Prescott National Forest-Bradshaw Ranger District. Contact the Bradshaw Ranger District for information about hiking trails and campgrounds in the Prescott National Forest south of town down to Horse Thief Basin. Campgrounds near Prescott are generally not crowded. 2230 E. AZ 69, Hwy. 69, Prescott, AZ, 83603. 928/443–8000. www.fs.usda.gov/prescott.
Thumb Butte Loop Trail. A 2-mile trek on a paved yet steep loop, the Thumb Butte Loop Trail takes you 600 feet up near the crest of its namesake. The vistas are large, but you won't be alone on this popular trail. Easy-Moderate. Trailhead: Thumb Butte Rd., 3 miles west of Prescott following Gurley St., which turns into Thumb Butte, Prescott, AZ, 83603.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Hiking and Camping
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe