- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Planning Your Time
You can see most of Flagstaff's attractions in a day—especially if you visit the Lowell Observatory or the Northern Arizona University Observatory in the evening, which is also when the Museum Club is best experienced.
Consult the schedule of tour times if you want to visit the Riordan State Historic Park. Devote at least an hour to the excellent Museum of Northern Arizona. The Historic Downtown District is a good place for lunch or dinner. If you're a skier, spend part of a winter's day at the Arizona Snowbowl; in summer you can spend a couple of hours on the skyride and scenic trails at the top. Take your time enjoying the trails on Mount Elden, and remember to pace yourself in the higher elevations; allow a full day for hiking. The Lava River Cave is an easy—if dark—hike that can be done comfortably in an hour.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's