- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Flagstaff lies at the intersection of Interstate 40 (east-west) and Interstate 17 (running south from Flagstaff), 134 miles north of Phoenix via Interstate 17. If you're driving from Sedona to Flagstaff or the Grand Canyon, head north through the wooded Oak Creek Canyon: it's the most scenic route.
Flagstaff Pulliam Airport is 3 miles south of town off Interstate 17 at Exit 337. US Airways flies from Phoenix to Flagstaff. A taxi from the Flagstaff Pulliam Airport to downtown should cost about $14. Cabs aren't regulated; some, but not all, have meters, so it's wise to agree on a rate before you leave for your destination.
Amtrak comes into the downtown Flagstaff station twice daily. There's no rail service into Prescott or Sedona, but Arizona Shuttle provides transportation via shuttle van or private car between Phoenix, Sedona, Flagstaff, Williams, and the Grand Canyon. Sun Taxi will take you around Flagstaff or to any place in northern Arizona.
A walking-tour map of the area is available at the visitor center in the Tudor Revival-style Santa Fe Depot, an excellent place to begin sightseeing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's