North-Central Arizona Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Arizona & the Grand Canyon 2013
Red-rock buttes ablaze in the slanting light of late afternoon, the San Francisco Peaks tipped white from a fresh snowfall, pine forests clad in dark green needles—north-central Arizona is rich in natural attractions, a landscape of vast plateaus punctuated by steep ridges and canyons.
Flagstaff and Prescott have the more affordable lodging options, with lots of comfortable motels and B&Bs, but no real luxury. The opposite is true...read more
You'll find lots of American comfort food in this part of the country: barbecue restaurants, steak houses, and burger joints predominate. If you're looking...read more
Things To Do in North-Central Arizona
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Flagstaff Savings! Book at Rodeway Inn & Suites Fr $85+/Nt Expedia
- Prescott Savings! Book at Econo Lodge Prescott Fr $70+/Nt Expedia
- $20.00 & up : Economy rentals in Prescott Hotwire
- Save in Flagstaff: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $110+/Nt — $110 Save with Expedia, $30/night less
- $24.00 & up : Midsize rentals in Prescott — $24 Hotwire
Mother Nature: Stunning red rocks, snowcapped mountains, and crisp country air rejuvenate the most cynical city dwellers. Nature lovers should... Read more
What is a vortex? The word "vortex" comes from the Latin vertere, which means "to turn or whirl." In Sedona, a vortex is a funnel created by... Read more
It's hard to imagine that the landlocked desert surrounding Sedona was, for much of prehistoric time, an area of dunes and swamps on the shore... Read more
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now68° F Clear 11% Humidity May 25, 2013 at 2:57PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more