At a Glance
- only inner-canyon lodging option
- fabulous canyon views
- remote access limits crowds
- accessible only by foot or mule
- few amenities or means of outside communication
Check Rates from our Partners
Phantom Ranch Review
In a grove of cottonwood trees on the canyon floor, Phantom Ranch is accessible only to hikers and mule trekkers; there are 40 dormitory beds and 14 beds in cabins, all with shared baths. The wood-and-stone buildings originally made up a hunting camp built in 1922. Additional cabins are reserved for mule riders, who buy their trips as a package. The mess hall–style restaurant, one of the most remote eating establishments in the United States, serves family-style dinners (purchased separately); breakfast and box lunches are also available. Reservations, taken up to 13 months in advance, are a must for services and lodging.
- Address: On canyon floor, at intersection of Bright Angel and Kaibab trails, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ, 86052 | Map It
- Phone: 303/297–2757; 888/297–2757
- Website: www.grandcanyonlodges.com
- Location: Grand Canyon South Rim
- 4 dormitories and 9 cabins (some cabins with outside showers reserved for mule riders)
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Grand Canyon for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More