- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
El Tovar Dining Room
El Tovar Dining Room Review
No doubt about it—this is the best restaurant for miles. Modeled after a European hunting lodge, this rustic 19th-century dining room built of hand-hewn logs is worth a visit. The cuisine is modern Southwestern with an exotic flair. Start with the smoked salmon–and–goat cheese crostini or the acclaimed black bean soup. The dinner menu includes such hearty yet creative dishes as cherry-merlot-glazed duck with roasted poblano black bean rice, grilled New York strip steak with cornmeal-battered onion rings, and a wild salmon tostada topped with organic greens and tequila vinaigrette. The dining room also has an extensive wine list. Dinner reservations can be made up to six months in advance with room reservations and 30 days in advance for all other visitors. If you can't get a dinner table, consider lunch or breakfast—the best in the region with dishes like polenta corncakes with prickly pear–pistachio butter, and blackened breakfast trout and eggs.
- Address: El Tovar Hotel, Desert View Dr., Grand Canyon Village, AZ | Map It
- Phone: 303/297–2757; 888/297–2757 reservations only; 928/638–2631 Ext. 6432
- Website: www.grandcanyonlodges.com/el-tovar-421.html
- Location: Grand Canyon South Rim
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband, adult son and I just took a 7 day trip in a loop from/back to Albuquerque. Read more
I wasn’t going to use write this as a trip report but some of our experiences were so great, I really want to share. Read more
My plan at present is to Fly into Pheonix on May19th then goto Sedona , then onto Page for Lake Powell, via Grand Canyon. Read more
· News & Features
For 17 days in 2012, admission to more than 100 of the country's National Parks will be free.... Read more
Planning a family National Park trip this summer?...... Read more
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest...... Read more