- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Canyon Railway Hotel
At a Glance
- railway package options
- game room and outdoor playground
- short walk from historic downtown restaurants and bars
- railroad noise
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Grand Canyon Railway Hotel Review
Designed to resemble the train depot's original Fray Marcos lodge, this hotel features attractive Southwestern-style accommodations with large bathrooms and comfy beds with upscale linens. Neoclassical Greek columns flank the grand entrance, which leads to a lobby with maple-wood balustrades, an enormous flagstone fireplace, and oil paintings of the Grand Canyon by local artist Kenneth McKenna. Original bronzes by Frederic Remington also adorn the lobby. Adjacent to the lobby is Spenser's, a pub with an ornate 19th-century hand-carved bar; next door is the Depot Cafe, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Riding the train to the canyon in sleek '50s-era railcars can be a relaxing alternative to the long drive. The hotel also operates an adjacent RV park and a "pet resort" that provides comfy accommodations for dogs and cats.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $99 -- Phoenix All-Suite Resort w/Waterpark, 40% Off Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
- $85-$110 -- Phoenix: Studio Suite at Golf Resort, 30% Off Legacy Golf Resort
- $29.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Phoenix Sixt Rent a Car
- $74-$91 -- Scottsdale Golf Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% — $74-$91 Orange Tree Golf Resort
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
For 17 days in 2012, admission to more than 100 of the country's National Parks will be free.... Read more
Planning a family National Park trip this summer?...... Read more
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest...... Read more