- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Canyon Lodge
At a Glance
- steps away from gorgeous North Rim views
- close to several easy hiking trails
- as the only in-park North Rim lodging option, this lodge fills up fast
- few amenities and very limited Internet access
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Canyon Lodge Review
This historic property, constructed mainly in the 1920s and '30s, is the premier lodging facility in the North Rim area. The main building has locally quarried limestone walls and timbered ceilings. Lodging options include small, rustic cabins; larger cabins (some with a canyon view and some with two bedrooms); and slightly more modern motel rooms. The two-bedroom Pioneer cabins sleep up to six people. The hand-carved Aspen lodge furniture adds to the rustic atmosphere. However, the best of the bunch are the Rim View Western, especially log cabins 301 and 306, which have private porches perched on the lip of the canyon. Other cabins with fabulous canyon views include 305, 309, and 310. Because of their premier location, these cabins are snapped up fast and need to be reserved a year in advance.
- Address: Grand Canyon National Park, Hwy. 67, North Rim, AZ, 86052 | Map It
- Phone: 877/386-4383; 928/638-2611 May-Oct.; 928/645-6865 Nov.-Apr.
- Website: www.grandcanyonforever.com
- Location: Grand Canyon North Rim
- 40 rooms, 178 cabins.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.--mid-May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $99 -- Phoenix All-Suite Resort w/Waterpark, 40% Off Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
- $85-$110 -- Phoenix: Studio Suite at Golf Resort, 30% Off Legacy Golf Resort
- $29.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Phoenix Sixt Rent a Car
- $74-$91 -- Scottsdale Golf Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% — $74-$91 Orange Tree Golf Resort
Just returned from a long planned two week vacation in AZ. Read more
· News & Features
For 17 days in 2012, admission to more than 100 of the country's National Parks will be free. ... Read more
Planning a family National Park trip this summer?...... Read more
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest...... Read more