Grand Canyon Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Canyon Hotel Reviews
The park's accommodations include three "historic-rustic" facilities and four motel-style lodges, all of which have undergone significant upgrades over the past decade. Of the 922 rooms, cabins, and suites, only 203, all at the Grand Canyon Lodge, are at the North Rim. Outside El Tovar Hotel, the canyon's architectural highlight, accommodations are relatively basic but comfortable, and the most sought-after rooms have canyon views. Rates vary widely, but most rooms fall in the $100 to $180 range, though the most basic units at the South Rim go for just $83.
Reservations are a must, especially during the busy summer season. If you want to get your first choice (especially Bright Angel Lodge or El Tovar), make reservations as far in advance as possible; they're taken up to 13 months ahead. You might find a last-minute cancellation, but you shouldn't count on it. Although lodging at the South Rim will keep you close to the action, the frenetic activity and crowded facilities are off-putting to some. With short notice, the best time to find a room on the South Rim is in winter. And though the North Rim is less crowded than the South Rim, the only lodging available is at Grand Canyon Lodge.
Just south of the South Rim park boundary, Tusayan's hotels are in a convenient location but without bargains, while Williams (about an hour's drive) can provide price breaks on food and lodging, as well as a respite from the crowds. Extra amenities (e.g., swimming pools and gyms) are also more abundant. Reservations are always a good idea. At the West Rim, lodging options are extremely limited; you can purchase a "package," which includes lodging and a visitation permit, through Hualapai Tourism.
Xanterra Parks & Resorts. Xanterra Parks & Resorts operates all lodging and dining services at the South Rim as well as Phantom Ranch, deep inside the canyon. 888/297-2757. www.grandcanyonlodges.com.
Browse Grand Canyon Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $114-$129 -- Scottsdale: AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 40% Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- $79 -- Arizona: Weekends at Hillside Tempe Hotel, Reg. $169 Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
- $71 -- Weekends at Tucson Hotel, Save 25% — $71 Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
- $89 -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 60% Off — $89 The Westin Phoenix Downtown
- $106-$114 -- Phoenix 4-Star Resort, 30% Off — $106-$114 Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa