Grand Canyon Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Grand Canyon National Park
Its status: This is one of those places where you really want to say, "Been there, done that!"
Awesome vistas: Painted Desert, sandstone canyon walls, pine and fir forests, mesas, plateaus, volcanic features, the Colorado River, streams, and waterfalls make for some jaw-dropping moments.
Year-round adventure: Outdoor junkies can bike, boat, camp, fish, hike, ride mules, white-water raft, watch birds and wildlife, cross-country ski, and snowshoe.
Continuing education: Adults and kids can have fun learning, thanks to free park-sponsored nature walks and interpretive programs.
Sky-high and river-low experiences: Experience the canyon via plane, train, and automobile, as well as by helicopter, row- or motorboat, bike, mule, or foot.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's