- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Petroglyph Hike. At the junction of Silver Creek Canyon and Five-Mile Canyon, 5 miles north of Snowflake, ancient peoples left petroglyphs made by carving through dark varnish, revealing the light sandstone of the canyon walls. Petroglyph Hike, the trail from the canyon top down to the petroglyphs, is short but steep. Trail access is regulated by the city of Snowflake. To check in and get directions, contact the Snowflake-Taylor Chamber of Commerce (928/536–4331 www.snowflaketaylorchamber.org). Moderate. Silver Creek Canyon, Snowflake, AZ, 85937.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's