- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bison Golf. Designed by Billy Mayfair, Bison Golf has a back nine in the pines and a front nine in a more open meadow. The course is open year-round, but expect to encounter course closings throughout the winter. The club also has a fitness center. 860 N. 36th Dr., at AZ 260, Show Low, AZ, 85901. 928/537–4564. www.bisongolf.net. 18 holes. 5916 yds. Par 71. Slope 114. Greens Fee: $47. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, golf carts, rental clubs, pro shop.
Silver Creek Golf Club. Silver Creek Golf Club is 5 miles east of town on U.S. 60, then 7.5 miles north on Bourdon Ranch Road. This championship course opened to rave reviews in the 1980s, and was voted by the PGA as one of the top 10 golf courses in Arizona—no small feat in a state that lives and breathes golf. It's also one of the more affordable courses in the area. Given its lower elevation, this course is usually a few degrees warmer than Show Low and stays open year-round. Sandbaggers Bar & Grill has breakfast and lunch (dinner on weekends). 2051 Silver Lake Blvd., Show Low, AZ, 85901. 928/537–2744 or 888/537–3673. www.silvercreekgolfclub.com. 18 holes. 6813 yds. Par 71. Slope 135. Greens Fee: $60. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, golf carts, rental clubs, lessons, restaurant, bar.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's