- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fool Hollow Lake Recreational Area. In addition to fishing, this year-round park is popular for boating, camping, and wildlife-viewing. Set amid a piney 800 acres, the lake is stocked with rainbow trout, walleye, and bass. There are five fishing platforms available, plus two fish-cleaning stations at the park. 1500 N. Fool Hollow Lake Rd., 2 miles north of U.S. 60 off AZ 260, Show Low, AZ, 85901. 928/537–3680. www.azstateparks.com.
Show Low Lake. Show Low Lake, south of town and 1 mi off AZ 260, holds the state record for the largest walleye catch. It's well stocked with largemouth bass, bluegill, and catfish. Lucky anglers have pulled out 9-pound rainbow trout. Facilities include a bait shop, a marina with boat rentals, and campsites with bathrooms and showers. Show Low Lake Rd., Show Low, AZ, 85901. 928/537–4126.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's