- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At 7,200 feet, the community of Pinetop-Lakeside borders the world's largest stand of ponderosa pine. Two towns, Pinetop and Lakeside, were incorporated in 1984 to form this municipality—although they still retain separate post offices. The year-round population is just 4,200, but in summer months it can jump to as high as 30,000. Once popular only with the retirees and those with summer houses, the city now lures thousands of "flatlanders" up from the Valley of the Sun with gorgeous scenery, excellent multiuse trails, premier golf courses, and temperatures that rarely exceed 85°F.
Pinetop-Lakeside at a Glance
Elsewhere in The White Mountains
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's