- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mount Baldy Trail. The difficult but accessible Mount Baldy Trail begins at Sheeps Crossing, southwest of Greer on AZ 273. In just under 8 miles (one way) the trail climbs the northern flank of 11,590-foot Mount Baldy, the second-highest peak in Arizona. Note that the summit of Baldy is on the White Mountain Apache Reservation. Considered sacred land, this final 0.25 mile is off-limits to non-Apaches. Please respect this boundary, no matter how much you wish to continue to the peak. Moderate. Greer, AZ.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's