- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
The Round Valley is the favorite of skiers in the know, who appreciate the location as they commute to the lifts at Sunrise with the sun always at their back—important when you consider the glare off those blanketed snowscapes between the resort and Pinetop-Lakeside. There's also a lot less traffic on this less-icy stretch of AZ 260.
On the other hand, although Springerville-Eagar doesn't get as much snow as other parts of the region, it remains a very remote area. It can be hard to reach—and leave—in winter.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe