- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
The Round Valley is the favorite of skiers in the know, who appreciate the location as they commute to the lifts at Sunrise with the sun always at their back—important when you consider the glare off those blanketed snowscapes between the resort and Pinetop-Lakeside. There's also a lot less traffic on this less-icy stretch of AZ 260.
On the other hand, although Springerville-Eagar doesn't get as much snow as other parts of the region, it remains a very remote area. It can be hard to reach—and leave—in winter.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's