- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Becker Lake. Trout fishing is the specialty at Becker Lake; call for seasonal bait requirements. U.S. 60, 2 miles northwest of Springerville, Springerville, AZ, 85938. 928/367–4281. www.azgfd.gov.
Big Lake. Known to many as the "queen of all trout lakes," Big Lake is stocked each spring and fall with rainbow, brook, and cutthroat trout. Springerville Ranger District, AZ 273, 24 miles south of AZ 260, Springerville, AZ, 85938. 928/333-6200.
Nelson Reservoir. Between Springerville-Eagar and Alpine, Nelson Reservoir is well stocked with rainbow, brown, and brook trout. U.S. 191, Nutrioso, AZ, 85938. 928/333-4301.
Tours and Outfitters
Western United Drug. Open 365 days a year, Western United Drug has a well-stocked sporting-goods and outdoor-equipment section. 105 E. Main St., Springerville, AZ, 85938. 928/333–4321.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's