- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Williams Valley Winter Sports Area. This winter recreation area, 2.5 miles west of town, has 12.5 miles of cross-country and snowshoe trails of varying difficulty. Toboggan Hill is a favorite with families who sled, toboggan, and tube. Shelters, picnic facilities, and toilets are available. Pick up an Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests map and "Winter Sports" brochure from the Alpine Ranger District, and call for conditions prior to heading out. Alpine Ranger District, FSR 249, Alpine, AZ, 85929. 928/339–5000.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's