- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alpine Country Club. At 8,500 feet above sea level, Alpine Country Club is one of the highest golf courses in the Southwest. Even if you don't play golf, stop in for New Mexican–style food—enchiladas here are stacked, not rolled—and breathtaking scenery at the club's Aspen Room Restaurant. It's 1 mile south of Alpine, off U.S. 180 on Blue River Road. The course is closed from November to April, and the restaurant is closed Monday. 58 County Rd. 2122, Alpine, AZ, 85920. 928/339–4944. www.alpinegolfandcountryclub.com. 18 holes. 5595 yds. Par 70. Slope 107. Greens Fee: $30. Facilities: restaurant.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe