- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Known as the Alps of Arizona, the tiny, scenic village of Alpine promotes its winter recreation opportunities most heavily, but outdoors enthusiasts find that the town, sitting on the lush plains of the San Francisco River, is also an ideal base for hiking, fishing, and mountain-biking excursions during the warmer months. There are summer cabins tucked in the pines, campgrounds, 11 lakes, and 200 miles of trout streams within a 30-mile radius.
Alpine at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe