Eastern Arizona Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Eastern Arizona
Get outside: No place for couch potatoes, Eastern Arizona is home to some of the state's best recreation areas for skiing, fishing, camping, and exploring. If you love the outdoor life, you might fall in love with this place.
Be petrified: Marvel at huge fossilized logs and the dazzling colors of nature at Petrified Forest National Park.
View nature's handiwork at Salt River Canyon: Watch the desert cacti disappear as the country's pines delight your senses. U.S. 60 dramatically switchbacks down—and back up—2,000 feet of eroded canyon.
Hit the road: Whether you're traveling the Coronado Trail National Scenic Byway or getting your kicks on Route 66, these roads were made for travelers.
Discover native traditions: The rich culture and heritage of Native American tribes permeates this area.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's