Eastern Arizona Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Arizona & the Grand Canyon 2013
In a state of dramatic natural wonders, Eastern Arizona is often overlooked—this is unfortunate, as it's one of Arizona's great outdoor playgrounds. In the White Mountains, northeast of Phoenix, you can hike, fish, swim, and, at night, gaze upward at millions of twinkling stars. The region's winter sports are just as varied: you can ski downhill or cross-country, snowboard, snowshoe, and snowmobile.
Most places supply clean rooms without many frills. There aren't the world-class resorts and spas of Phoenix, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. "Resort"...read more
Luxury travel this is not. Fine dining is difficult to find; home-style cooking, steak houses, and the occasional authentic Mexican joint pepper most towns...read more
Things To Do in Eastern Arizona
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $79 -- Arizona: Weekends at Hillside Tempe Hotel, Reg. $169 Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
- $71 -- Weekends at Tucson Hotel, Save 25% Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
- $89 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 60% Off — $89 The Westin Phoenix Downtown
- $106-$114 -- Phoenix 4-Star Resort, 30% Off — $106-$114 Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $79 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off — $79 Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Get outside: No place for couch potatoes, Eastern Arizona is home to some of the state's best recreation areas for skiing, fishing, camping, and... Read more
Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests has a listing of all public camping facilities in the region, most of which operate from April to November... Read more
Hiking: Hikers and mountain bikers of all abilities enjoy the White Mountains' 225 miles of interconnecting loop trails, open to visitors on... Read more
The rock art of early Native Americans is carved or painted on basalt boulders, on canyon walls, and on the underside of overhangs throughout... Read more
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now68° F Clear 17% Humidity June 18, 2013 at 2:54AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi Fodor's Forums!
I would appreciate advice for our itinerary plans for our holiday to California and Arizona August 2014.
Yes I know Arizona will be HOT but we have no choice but go then due to our kid's Read more