Sign Up
Newsletter Signup
Free Fodor's Newsletter

Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.

Passport: Your weekly travel wrap-up
Today's Departure: Your daily dose of travel inspiration

Alaska Travel Guide


U.S. citizens of all ages traveling between the United States and other countries by air need to present a valid U.S. passport.

All American citizens now need either a passport (for all modes of travel and for anywhere in the world) or a passport card (for land or sea travel only between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean).

Note that parents traveling with small children should bring photocopies of their children's birth certificates to avoid any problems.

U.S. Passport Information

U.S. Department of State (877/487–2778.

Previous Travel Tip


Next Travel Tip




News & Features
Trip Finder

Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises

View Details
Travel Deals