- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
"Fountainhead" Antique Automobile Museum
"Fountainhead" Antique Automobile Museum Review
Located on the property of the Wedgewood Resort, this museum features automobiles from 1898 to 1938—all of which run, the curators taking them out on the roads regularly. The museum also has the first car ever made in Alaska, built in Skagway out of sheet metal and old boat parts, all to impress a girl (didn't work). Alongside the cars are displays of vintage clothing and historical photographs. Widely considered one of the best auto museums in the world, and incredibly interesting, even if you're not interested in old cars.
- Address: 212 Wedgewood Dr., Fairbanks, AK 99701
- Phone: 907/450–2100
- Cost: $10; $5 for guests of Wedgewood Resort, Sophie Station Suites, or Bridgewater Hotel
- Hours: Mid-May–mid-Sept., Sun.–Thurs. 11–10, Fri. and Sat. 11–6; mid-Sept.– mid-May, Sun. noon–6
- Website: fountainheadmuseum.com
- Location: Fairbanks
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more