- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Silver Gulch Brewing and Bottling Co.
Silver Gulch Brewing and Bottling Co. Review
You'll find some unique souvenirs and an interesting collection of Fairbanks citizens at North America's northernmost brewery. Founded in 1998, Silver Gulch is probably best known for its pilsner and lager brews, carried throughout the state. The brewery is in the Fox Roadhouse building. A preserved section of the old roadhouse's exterior still stands in the second floor of the restaurant. This hot spot is 10 mi north of Fairbanks on the Old Steese Highway, across from the Howling Dog Saloon. After your brewery tour (make sure to call ahead to arrange it), satisfy your hunger with I.P.A.–battered fish-and-chips or fresh Alaskan seafood, or enjoy a brew while sitting in the outdoor beer garden.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
First time visitors to Alaska. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more