- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
At a Glance
- good location
- weekend specials available
- downtown hotel with the most character
- free trolley
- small and modest rooms
- no kitchen or refrigerators
- restaurant serves breakfast only
Check Rates from our Partners
Bridgewater Hotel Review
In the heart of downtown Fairbanks, just above the Chena River, this hotel has gone through a number of incarnations and is now a thoroughly modern, European-style hotel. The Morris Thompson Cultural Visitors Center is within walking distance, as are downtown shops and restaurants. To visit further attractions, take advantage of the hotel's free Town Trolley, which also offers service to the Antique Auto Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary at its sister property, Wedgewood Resort. Flowers overflow the hanging baskets, and wicker furniture adorns the light and airy lobby, creating a warm, summertime atmosphere. Glimpse the past through poster-size historical photos adorning the walls.
- Address: 723 1st Ave., Downtown, Fairbanks, AK 99701 | Map It
- Phone: 907/452–6661; 800/528–4916
- Website: www.fountainheadhotels.com/bridgewater/bridgewater.htm
- Location: Fairbanks
- 93 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed mid-Sept.–mid-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more