At a Glance
- good location
- weekend specials available
- downtown hotel with the most character
- free trolley
- small and modest rooms
- no kitchen or refrigerators
- restaurant serves breakfast only
Check Rates from our Partners
Bridgewater Hotel Review
In the heart of downtown Fairbanks, just above the Chena River, this hotel has gone through a number of incarnations and is now a thoroughly modern, European-style hotel. The Morris Thompson Cultural Visitors Center is within walking distance, as are downtown shops and restaurants. To visit further attractions, take advantage of the hotel's free Town Trolley, which also offers service to the Antique Auto Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary at its sister property, Wedgewood Resort. Flowers overflow the hanging baskets, and wicker furniture adorns the light and airy lobby, creating a warm, summertime atmosphere. Glimpse the past through poster-size historical photos adorning the walls.
- Address: 723 1st Ave., Downtown, Fairbanks, AK, 99701 | Map It
- Phone: 907/452–6661; 800/528–4916
- Website: www.fountainheadhotels.com/bridgewater/bridgewater.htm
- Location: Fairbanks
- 93 rooms
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed mid-Sept.–mid-May.