- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Steese and White Mountains
The Steese and White Mountains are readily accessible, just a quick jaunt up the Elliott Highway. But once you’re here, you'll have a few hundred thousand acres pretty much to yourself, with opportunities for everything from a short hike to a monthlong expedition.
Steese and White Mountains at a Glance
Elsewhere in North of Fairbanks
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's