- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fairbanks Outboard Association. A summer highlight is riverboat racing sanctioned by the Fairbanks Outboard Association. These specially built 24-foot racing boats are powered by 50-horsepower engines and reach speeds of 75 mph. Weekend races in summer and fall begin and end either at the Chena Pump Campgrounds or at Pike's Landing, just off Airport Way near Fairbanks International Airport. Fairbanks, AK. www.yukon800.com.
Roland Lord Memorial Race. The Roland Lord Memorial Race, from Fairbanks to Nenana and back, is held in early August. Fairbanks, AK.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's