- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hundreds of Fairbanksans participate each year in curling, a game in which people with brooms play a giant version of shuffleboard on ice. Curlers have an almost fanatical devotion to their sport, and they're eager to explain its finer points to the uninitiated.
Fairbanks Curling Club. The Fairbanks Curling Club hosts an annual Yukon Title bonspiel (match) on the first weekend of November and an international bonspiel on the first weekend of April. The club season runs from early October through the middle of April. 1962 2nd Ave., Fairbanks, AK, 99701. 907/452–2875. www.curlfairbanks.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's