- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chena Bend. Chena Bend, a well-maintained army course open to civilians, is an 18-hole spread on nearby Ft. Wainwright. Fairbanks, AK. 907/353-6223.
Fairbanks Golf Course. The 9-hole course at the Fairbanks Golf Course straddles Farmers Loop just north of the university. Summertime midnight golf with a 3 am tee time is considered normal at this course. Come on, that'll give you something to brag about at home, right? Watch for ravens stealing balls, though. Fairbanks, AK. 907/479-6555.
North Star Golf Club. The 18-hole course at the North Star Golf Club is on the Old Steese Highway, 0.7 mi past Chena Hot Springs Road. It is the northernmost course in the United States, and perhaps the only one where you are encouraged to mark your scorecard with a tally of the wildlife you see. Book tee times online during the mid-May-September open season, or give a call. Fairbanks, AK. 907/457-4653. www.northstargolf.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe