- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most towns have museums that chronicle local history and achievements. Deadhorse is the town anchoring life along Prudhoe Bay, but it could also serve as a museum dedicated to humankind's hunt for energy and its ability to adapt to harsh conditions to capture that energy.
The costly, much-publicized Arctic oil and gas project is complex and varied. Visitors can survey oil wells, stations, and oil-company residential complexes—small cities themselves—and might get the chance to spot caribou and wildflowers.
Elsewhere in Northwest and the Arctic
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Bering Land Bridge National Preserve
- Brooks Range
- Cape Krusenstern National Monument
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's