- Spend time in the company of bears The Alaska Peninsula has the world's largest concentrations of brown bears, which congregate near salmon runs each year.
- Learn about Native culture Native communities celebrate and support their cultural traditions. Come to the Bush for everything from blanket tossing to arts-and-crafts exhibits.
- Go fishing You'll see 100-pound salmon, 8-pound trout, and be the only one on your block to know what sheefish tastes like.
- Experience the Land of the Midnight Sun Only north of the Arctic Circle is the sun above the horizon 24 hours a day; in Barrow the sun doesn't set from mid-May to August.
- Get outside like never before Want the world to yourself? Bush Alaska includes millions of acres of remote parklands and wildlife refuges, including the least visited national park in the United States.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More