- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tikchik Narrows Lodge. Tikchik Narrows Lodge is owned and managed by Bud Hodson, who has been a guide in the region for more than 25 years. The lodge caters primarily to sportfishing enthusiasts who are also looking for comfortable housing and scrumptious gourmet-style meals at night—and who can afford $7,700 for a week's stay, which includes guided fishing trips throughout the region via the lodge's floatplane fleet. The lodge rents kayaks and rafts and provides an air-taxi service into the park's most remote corners. AK. 907/243–8450. www.tikchiklodge.com.
Reel Wilderness Adventures. If you're looking to reel one in, Reel Wilderness Adventures offers an alternative to lodges, while emphasizing small groups, gourmet meals, and fully guided fly-fishing for rainbow trout and other species. The $4,500/person 6-day package includes the round-trip flight from Dillingham into the park, all meals, and camp accommodation with hot showers and flush toilets. AK. 800/726-8323. www.reelwild.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe