- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
On Shuyak Island there are no amenities, groceries, or roads. It is accessible by air or water only. Because it's not as popular a destination as some of the other islands, it's recommended for those who wish to arrive by air to book a flight well in advance (as there are fewer flights out to choose from). It is a popular destination for kayakers. For guided kayaking trips or other expeditions to the island, the best place to start is on Kodiak Island.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe