- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Peace of Selby Wilderness
At a Glance
- endless activity options
- small, so reservations and planning are a must
Check Rates from our Partners
Peace of Selby Wilderness Review
On Selby and Narvak lakes within Gates of the Arctic National Park, Peace of Selby is perfectly situated for wilderness adventures. Crafted from white spruce, the main lodge includes a kitchen, small library, bathroom, and loft. Meals, included with some rates, are cooked with fresh vegetables, fruits, and meats. If you want to rough it, you can bring along your sleeping bags and cook your own meals in one of four remote rustic log cabins, which can accommodate up to four people each. The owners also organize custom guided expeditions. Activities include hiking, fishing, wildlife-viewing and photographing, river floating, and flightseeing.
- Address: AK | Map It
- Phone: 907/672–3206
- Website: www.alaskawilderness.net
- Location: Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve
- 1 room in lodge, 4 cabins.
- Rate includes all meals.
- No credit cards.
- Closed end-Sept.–mid-June, except for specially arranged expeditions Mar. and Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
Hi guys, based in the UK....travel plans have changed ...we are now heading to Alaska! There are no direct flights to Anchorage so where are good places to stop and spend a couple of days on both legs o Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more