- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Katmai Wilderness Lodge
At a Glance
- private rooms
- hot showers
- flush toilets
- you have to get yourself to Kodiak first
Check Rates from our Partners
Katmai Wilderness Lodge Review
Built on land owned by the Russian Orthodox Church, this rustic lodge straddles the rugged outer coast of Katmai National Park, along the shores of Kukak Bay. Mountains, coastal flats, and the waters of Shelikof Strait surround the modern log cabin–style lodge, where guests stay in private bedrooms with baths and gather to eat gourmet meals in the dining room or, if the weather is right, on outdoor decks. Recreational activities include bear-viewing, sea kayaking, and fishing for halibut and salmon. There's a three-night-minimum stay, and you may stay for a week or more. Price includes a round-trip flight from Kodiak, meals, lodging, and guide services.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more