- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alaska Airlines Vacations. Alaska Airlines Vacations arranges trips to Nome (such as the "Day in Nome" and "Adventure in the Arctic" packages), including air travel, hotels, and local tours. Nome, AK. 866/500–5511. www.alaskavacationsalaska.com.
Nome Discovery Tours. Visitors seeking to learn more about Nome and the surrounding region can join former Broadway showman Richard Beneville, flat-out one of Alaska's most entertaining guides, who emphasizes Nome's gold-rush and Inupiaq history of the region in his Nome Discovery Tours. If you only have one day in town, spend it with Richard. 907/443–2814.
Northern Alaska Tour Company. This tour company arranges cultural tours to Kotzebue via Fairbanks or Anchorage. 800/474–1986 or 907/474–8600. www.northernalaska.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Local Tours
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe